CBD-ICRI Side Event at COP 9 "Marine Biodiversity and the International Year of the Reef"
"Marine Biodiversity and the International Year of the Reef"
Celebrating International Year of the Reef (IYOR) 2008
26 May 2008 (Monday) - 13:15 - 14:45
Venue: Saal Bonn, Ground floor of the Hotel Maritim
Chair of the Meeting: Christine Dawson, U.S. Department of State, USA
- Christine Dawson, U.S. Department of State, USA
- Dr. Ahmaed Djoghlaf, CBD Executive Secretary
- Dr. Georg Heiss, Museum für Naturkunde, Germany
International Year of the Reef
- "The International Year of the Reef: Worldwide campaign for local, regional and global involvement in the protection of the reef" -
IYOR Coordinator, ICRI Secretariat
Status and trends of coral reefs and the impacts of climate change on the reef
- "World status and trends of coral reefs and their associated biodiversity"
Dr. Clive Wilkinson
Global Coral Reef Monitoring Network
- "Cold Water Coral Reef and the impacts of climate change on the reef"
Dr. Stefan Hain
Head, Coral Reef Unit (CRU)
United Nations Environment Programme
Regional Efforts for Reef Conservation
- "Coral Triangle Initiative"
Syamsal Ma’arif, Ministry of Marine Affairs and Fisheries, Indonesia on the behalf of HE. the Minister Freddy Numberi (Ministry of Marine Affairs and Fisheries of Indonesia)
- "Regional efforts for the conservation of coral reefs through the establishment of MPA network"
Mr. Atsuhiro Yoshinaka, Deputy Director
Biodiversity division, Nature Conservation Bureau
Ministry of the Environment, Tokyo, Japan
Global Efforts for the Reef Conservation
- "IOC's efforts for the monitoring and scientific assessment of marine biodiversity, including the coral reef"
Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission of UNESCO (IOC)
The Webcast of the side event is available at: http://unfccc.meta-fusion.com/kongresse/CBD2008_2/templ/ply_cbd.php?id_kongresssession=1111&player_mode=isdn_real