Meetings Other Relevant Events
The 2nd Symposium seeks to bring ocean observations to users by connecting leaders and representatives of various international organisations and networks, research scientists and postdoctoral and graduate students to:
- Learn about the various relevant on-going activities
- Coordinate better the ocean-related tasks within Group on Earth Observations (GEO);
- Speak with a collective voice to GEO member nations and participating organisations;
- Raise awareness of societal benefits of ocean observations to the broader community, targeting in particular policy makers and funding agencies;
- Seek new avenues for enhancing implementation of ocean observation systems, and;
- Promote capacity building globally, especially in developing countries.