New: Latest general information for the meeting (PDF File)
The entry airport for the meeting is Naha Airport (OKA).
Please note that there is no currency exchange counter at the “domestic” terminal of Naha Airport. For participants who will be taking connecting flights to Naha, it is advisable to exchange money upon arrival in Japan (e.g., at Narita) or before leaving your country.
The Airport Limousine Bus is the best way to go to the hotels. The hotels we recommend below are approximately 70 minutes away from the airport, and the ticket price for the bus should be around 1,600 Japanese Yen (taking a taxi may cost anywhere from 8,000 to 12,000 Japanese Yen). Seating on the bus is available on a first-come first-serve basis and cannot be booked in advance. Please check the time schedule (PDF File), and make sure the bus you get on goes to your hotel (the bus route to the hotels is “C Area,” going towards OIST).
The following hotels are located near the meeting venue (OIST Graduate University, Seaside House). Shuttle bus service from the hotels to the venue will be provided.
Rizzan Sea-Park Hotel Tancha Bay
Address: 1496 Tancha, Onna-son, Kunigami, Okinawa 904-0496
Address: 66-1 Fuchaku, Onnna-son, Kunigami, Okinawa 904-0494
Kafuu Resort Hotel
Address: 246-1 Shirifukuchihara, Aza Fuchaku, Onnna-son, Kunigami, Okinawa 904-0413
Address: 1550-1 Fuchaku, Onna-son, Kunigami, Okinawa, 904-0413
Other useful information
- Weather: late October in Okinawa is expected to be around the end of the typhoon season. As long as we are not hit by a typhoon, we should be able to enjoy Okinawa’s warm weather with daily highs around 28 degrees Celsius/83 degrees Fahrenheit and daily lows around 20 degrees Celsius/68 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Airport code: OKA
- Official language: Japanese
- Currency: Japanese YEN (currency convertor – www.xe.com)
- Time Zone: GMT/UTC +9
- Country Dialing Code: +81
- Electricity: AC outlet: 100V / Plugs: Type A