Member Type Non Governmental Organization
Coral Restoration Foundation™ (CRF)
Driven by our core pillars of Restoration, Science, and Education, Coral Restoration Foundation™ is at the forefront of innovative, large- scale, community-focussed approaches to coral reef restoration.
- Education: Using our work as an example, raise awareness about the importance of coral reefs and inspire and empower communities to take action to help conserve and restore our planet’s life support systems.
- Science: In partnership with researchers and academic institutions around the world, we support ongoing research that generates data that informs our work and helps advance the field of restoration science.
- Restoration: Central to our mission, we undertake large-scale, active coral restoration operations both in Florida and internationally. In Florida, we manage the world’s largest in-situ coral nurseries, populated by more than 500 Coral Trees™ – a design that we pioneered. Our restoration work also involves:
- Restoration Exchanges: Through collaborative frameworks such as the Coral Restoration Consortium, we foster knowledge exchange among restoration experts around the world, unifying efforts for optimal impact.
- Capacity Building & Satellite Programs: Beyond local initiatives, we offer support for coral restoration projects globally, with a focus on helping ensure their long-term viability.
- Resources and Advocacy: CRF™ creates and democratizes access to resources for restoration practitioners and actively engages in dialogues that promote effective coral protection strategies.
By joining ICRI, we are strengthening our commitment to working together to safeguard critical coral reef ecosystems for the communities that depend on them.
Last Updated: 12 October 2023