South Asia : Bangladesh
Year completed: 2016
1. SocMon capacity development workshop for the Bay of Bengal Large Marine Ecosystem Countries in SA 2. Follow up site project : Socioeconomic Assesment and monitoring for St Martin’s Island, Cox Bazar District, Bangladesh
1. Building capacity among key local stakeholders for conducting socioeconomic assessment using the Socio-economic Monitoring or SocMon South Asia guidelines at St Martins Island (SMI).
2. To conduct Socioeconomic monitoring and assessment in SMI.
3. Collecting data on attitudes and perceptions of the Islanders towards site speciﬁc issues (tourism and MPAs).
4. Providing management and sustainable development advice by applying results of the assessments in management decision making process.