South Asia : Sri Lanka
Year completed: 2016
1. SocMon capacity development workshop for the Bay of Bengal Large Marine Ecosystem Countries in SA & 2. Follow up site project : Socioeconomic Assessment and monitoring for Vidathaltivu,
1. Building capacity among key local stakeholders for conducting socioeconomic assessment using the Socio-economic Monitoring or SocMon South Asia guidelines at Mannar.
2. Selecting an appropriate site for Socioeconomic monitoring and assessment in Mannar.
3. Collecting data on attitudes and perceptions of the Islanders towards site speciﬁc issues (tourism and MPAs).
4. Providing management and sustainable development advice by applying results of the assessments in management decision making process.