The 29th ICRI General Meeting, and the first under the 2014-2015 Japan-Thailand Secretariat, was held from 20 to 23 October 2014 in Okinawa, Japan. Through the support from Japan and UNEP, delegates from several countries and organisations were able to attend and participate in the meeting. In total, over 40 delegates from 20 ICRI member countries and organisations attended the meeting. Minutes of the 29th ICRI General Meeting.
The following documents were adopted at the meeting:
- Resolution on promoting an integrated approach to community-based coral reef conservation and management emphasizing land-sea connectivity
- Amended Terms of Reference ICRI Ad Hoc Committee on Enforcement & Investigation
- Terms of ICRI Ad Hoc Committee on Caribbean Regional Response to Lionfish Invasion
- Amended Terms of Reference ICRI Ad Hoc Committee on Coral Reef Associated Fisheries
- Amended Terms of Reference ICRI Ad Hoc Committee on Economic Valuation of Coral Reef Ecosystems