The 37th General Meeting (GM), the second of the United States of America’s third tenure chairing the International Coral Reef Initiative (ICRI), brought together ICRI members from around the world face-to-face for the first time since the 34th General Meeting in Townsville (Australia) in 2019 to discuss the achievements of ICRI and its members, share knowledge and experiences, and drive the implementation of the 2021 – 2024 Plan of Action: Turning the Tide for Coral Reefs.
- Six new Members welcomed to ICRI
- Launch of the Coral Reef Breakthrough
- Adoption of the resolution on the Coral Reef Breakthrough
- Adoption of the Resolution on integrating coral reefs into National Biodiversity Strategies and Action Plans
- Extension of the ad-hoc committee on reef restoration and adaptation including adoption of a new terms of reference
- Inclusion of Indigenous peoples, traditional owners and youth, and launch of efforts to expand Indigenous and Local Knowledge in ICRI efforts.