Meetings Other Relevant Events
Reef Futures 2022
26th – 30th September 2022
Key Largo, USA
Due to the on-going COVID-19 pandemic, Reef Futures in-person in 2021 has been rescheduled to September 2022. A short virtual gathering will be held in December 2021.
Reef Futures is the only venue that brings together coral restoration practitioners, researchers, students, and resource managers from around the world to share the latest techniques, technologies, and science to dramatically scale-up the impact and reach of coral reef restoration. Whether you are a local resource manager from a small island looking to learn from seasoned hands, or a topical expert looking to make your work meaningful to a local community, Reef Futures is the place to be. Leave your sadness and despair about the state of coral reefs at the door and come help shape the future you want coral reefs to have!
The five major themes of Reef Futures 2022 are:
- Holistic approach to coral reef restoration
- Approaches to improve the efficiency of reef restoration
- Ramping up larval propagation to enhance restoration efforts
- Advancing population-management interventions
- Building human capacity for expanding the global reach of coral reef restoration efforts