The CORAL Conservation Prize offers a unique opportunity to recognize outstanding leaders of reef conservation around the world. It aims to support worthwhile local coral reef conservation efforts, provide a platform to highlight coral reefs within the local, national, and international media and provide incentives for continued work in all regions of the world. Last year, we were thrilled to award Nyoman Sugiarta, a fisherman from Bali, the inaugural CORAL Conservation Prize.
This year, we’re ecstatic to announce that we’re giving out the prize again—and we’re taking nominations from you! Do you know someone who is worthy of being recognized for his or her dedication and commitment to saving coral reefs? If so, be sure to read through our nomination criteria, and complete the application to submit a nomination as detailed at 2015 CORAL Award Nomination Form.
CORAL supporters and marine conservation advocates are invited to nominate others within the coral reef conservation community to receive this special recognition. Specific criteria is detailed below, but include someone focused on locally-based efforts who has made significant progress and to whom specific milestones and progress can be attributed. The winner, chosen by a small CORAL committee will receive a cash award ($20,000) and be flown to San Francisco to be recognized and give a presentation on his or her work at CORAL’s 2015 gala celebration on September 26, 2015.
- The nominee must be an individual (or a leader of a local group) who is successfully working to advance coral reef conservation at a local or regional scale
- The nominee displays leadership that has resulted in significant positive environmental change, either through a recent achievement or a long career, that can be articulated by the nominator
- The nominee must be able to communicate about his or her work to a US-audience
- The nominee will be able to articulate how this prize will further his or her work and present (once the prize is awarded) a plan for investment
- The nominee must be able to travel to the US for our September 26th celebration
Deadline–May 1, 2015
For the application and more details, please click here–2015 CORAL Award Nomination Form.