The 7th ICRI East Asia Regional Workshop will be co-hosted by the Fishery Administration, Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries, Cambodia, and the Ministry of the Environment, Japan in collaboration with the ICRI Secretariat. It will be held in Siem Reap, Cambodia, from the 9th to 13th October 2011.
The tentative objectives of the workshop are to:
- Discuss and determine the role and direction of ICRI in East Asia region;
- Discuss and determine the way forward to follow up the ICRI East Asia Regional Strategy on MPA Networks 2010, particularly on:
- Organization and management of ICRI’s regional mechanism in East Asia
- Priority actions on MPA networks until 2012
- Provide opportunities for networking and mutual collaboration among ICRI member countries and other regional partners in East Asia.