Meetings General Meetings
The second General Meeting under the Australia-Belize Secretariat was held from the 14-17 October 2013 in Belize City, Belize. Australia and UNEP (through US State funding) provided travel support to a number of delegates therefore enabling their participation in the meeting. Over 60 delegates from 30 about countries attended.
- Colombia, Costa Rica, Grenada, Honduras, Interamerican Association for Environmental Defence (AIDA), Marine Ecosystem Services Partnership (MESP) and Panama were welcomed as new members
- Recommendation on addressing the decline in coral reef health throughout the wider Caribbean: the taking of parrotfish and similar herbivores (PDF File)
- Resolution on using co-management approaches for marine protected areas and other mechanisms for managing coral reefs and associated ecosystems (PDF File)
- Resolution on the revised Organisation and Management Procedures (PDF File)
- Resolution on the “Continuing Call to Action” and “Framework for Action 2013” (PDF File)
The summary record is available here (PDF file).